What We Do
What We Do For Our Investors
The team has an extensive network of relationships enabling origination of proprietary and exclusive transactions. This affords our investors unique access to attractive investment opportunities in the mid-market space to which most of our investors would not typically have exposure. Our origination style is in harmony with our approach to investing in that our success in concluding transactions is a result of the chemistry in the relationships that we have engendered, and it is the strength of these relationships that ultimately serves to deliver the best returns for all stakeholders in the companies in which we invest. The collective experience of the team is applied with tenacity and ingenuity, making Sana a safe pair of hands as fund managers.
What We Do For Our Investment Partners
Sana does not “buy companies”. We invest in people. We invest our own capital alongside management teams and entrepreneurs with exceptional talent and vision. We do not view our primary contribution to be that of capital. Instead, we seek to employ all the resources available to us through our experience and networks in assisting our partners to achieve their strategic ambitions. The value that we bring to our investment partners is often best explained by partners who have worked with us in the past and is focused on the strategic value we bring to our partners.
Some important considerations to note:
- Fund 1 size: R800 million
- Our capital is committed by premier investment institutions and respected high-net-worth investors and is under the control of our management company.
- As Sana is a 51% black-owned, 30% women-owned fund, we are able to add the benefit of these credentials to our investments.
- Because we back exceptional management teams, we do not get involved in the operations of the businesses in which we invest but rather provide strategic support to our partners.
- Our team comprises seasoned private equity transactors with respected track records.